First, make sure you can make paint lighter or darker, like tea to cream. This example is with Phthalo Blue.
directions on how to do color mixing squares:
- Prepare 2 colors. In the next image, it is Lemon Yellow and Phthalo Blue
- Mix paints to at least a coffee, maybe up to a milk.
- Paint both squares on the left and right sides.
- Add a tiny amount of the blue to the yellow.
- Paint the next square to the right.
- Keep slowing adding more blue to the yellow paint, and paint the next square until complete.
Now try it with some different yellows and blues, and get a feel for what different types of greens you get.