Estimated cost of required items: $32–42 (online or physical store, without tax or shipping)
These are the items you need to arrive with for the first class1. View all required and optional items and order all items in this blick.com2 list.
1You do not need to buy the exact items linked below. Any local art shop or other online store has comparable items that will perform great for you.
2NOTE! The linked blick.com list has ALL (required and optional) items. Remove any optional items as desired for purchase.
- Vinyl eraser (1)
- Kneaded eraser (1)
- Vine charcoal (several sticks)
- Compressed charcoal (3-6 pieces)
- White chalk (2 sticks)
- Drawing paper pad (minimum 30 sheets, 11″ x 14″ or larger)
- Tortillions – these are tightly wound paper that you use to blend charcoal and pencil to help keep your hands cleaner
- Artist Chamois – This is a type of very soft leather that artists use to blend charcoal and pencil to help keep your hands cleaner
- Workable Fixative – A spray that you apply to your work so for storage it doesn’t smear on other material and keeps your level of black the same. You can still come back and erase the charcoal if desired. Only use outdoors or in some type of hood-ventilated space.