Estimated cost of required items: $65–100 (online or physical store, without tax or shipping)
These are the items you need to arrive with for the first class1. View all and order all required items in this blick.com2 list. Be sure to choose and purchase your preferred coloring material along with any online order (this is not included in the blick.com list above).
1You do not need to buy the exact items linked below. Any local art shop or other online store has comparable items that will perform great for you.
2NOTE! You WILL have to choose one of the options if you use the blick.com list to be the coloring supply for class.
CHOOSE ONE coloring option:
- Option 1 is colored pencils – you may already have a set a home you can use! Minimum 36 pencil set.
- Option 2 is double-sided art markers – professional artists use markers a lot, so if your student wants to look like the pros, minimum 24 marker set.
Additional Required Items
- 2B pencils (2)
- Vinyl eraser (1)
- Kneaded eraser (1)
- (1) Sketch pad, minimum 8.5″ x 11″ size, minimum 60 pages – I prefer a side spiral binding, but a top spiral is fine too.
- (1) pad of bristol paper, 9″ x 12″ size – this is a special type of paper professional comic artists use for super smooth inked lines.
- Sakura Pigma Micron – size 03
Sakura Pigma Micron – size 05
Sakura Pigma Micro – size 08
(you only need the 3 sizes for class however, blick.com does have this great set with 6 pen sizes, and only about $1 more than the 3 pens separately. It is good to get a variety of pen sizes as a bigger or smaller pen size(s) might suit your student better.